29,000 Floating Ducks

The Travelling Art Journal Project

Sunday, March 05, 2006

ATC's



I'm really looking forward to receiving my ATC's. In the meantime, I thought I might post my design in case anyone was interested in the process. This is just the start (fitting in as many ducks as I could in the space) which is to draw out the image, and work out the tones, just using cross-hatched biro.

Then I'll use Photoshop to remove the tones so I can work out colour, and then I'll trace the whole thing onto watercolour paper and go through the whole business of putting washes in the background and cross-hatching with the watercolour to get the detail. This looks very drab at the moment, but it won't ... promise!

All the best to everyone!

CAS & Puflet xxxxxxxxxx

3 Comments:

At 4:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Cas
Wow that is some process. Looking forward to seeing the finished piece and judging from your blog and all the wonderful work i saw there it is going to be wonderful.
Now I have a question. Did you send me your address? I don't believe i got it to send you my ATC
I would love to get one in the mail to you. Can you email me at kellyink(at)mac(dot)com
thanks and anyone else who did not send me your address please do.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Baskerville Hound said...

This is wonderful Cas [& Puflet!].
I have always loved your style and am so please that you have shared your process with us!
Gorgeous little duckies :)

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Lee said...

great line work cas...I love your style too and can't wait to see more :) hopefully, I'll have something to send out by the end of the week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home