29,000 Floating Ducks

The Travelling Art Journal Project

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

ATC's are done

After the background dried I lettered some duck quotes with acrylic ink and then collaged some paper I had created some time ago randomly over the background. I then brushed the entire background with a mix of acrylic medium and glaze. So the photo is showing somewhat of a glare.

Next I cut the entire piece into the size of the cards. As you can see they curled a bit so since you need to put your info on the back I printed out on card stock all my info and cut those to size. Next I sewed the two pieces together with a zig zag stitch.

The imitation stamp was done from a watercolor illustration I did and put together in photoshop, cut and collaged on.

Then I lettered the quote and now ready to mail them out.

Most likely this is more info than you wanted but I really enjoyed creating these ATC's.

6 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger Baskerville Hound said...

Not more than we needed at all! Thank you for guiding us through it!-i know i had no idea about ATC's till you came along!
+ I always love hearing how people put together their work :) Absolutely adore the cards- the little duckie on on the stamp is so adorable!
Any chance of showing us what the back of the cards look like? Im curious to know what info you have included and might be good if we all keep the back of the cards consistant...just a thought...

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Leeza Hernandez Illustrator said...

I think this is fantastic and bravo for an excellent job very well done! I am excited to rreceive my very first ATC and it'd be grerat as a template for me to create my set - still a little unsure - but sort of getting the jist. These are beautiful and I am glad you shared the process, I think that's part of the learning for others!

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger vicci said...

Excellent!!! I love them!

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Cin said...

they are beautiful!

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger valerie walsh said...

oh Toni, these cards are so wonderful!!! great job and i loved hearing about the process. Like how you used different mediums to pull it all together!!! especially the zigzag stitch! great work!

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

very nice texture and style!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home