29,000 Floating Ducks

The Travelling Art Journal Project

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Dear Ducky ...



I decided to take a bath while I await the arrival of my Australian cousins. Apparantly they are coming by air, which is an amazing distance to fly or so the rabbit next door told me. But I am glad and hope they won't get seperated like our ancestors did back in the '90s. I wonder if my cousins look like me? I bet they will be hungry, I should put on a spread ... hmm I wonder what Australian ducks like to eat? I'll make sure I have plenty of Wonder Bread in stock. Of course, I'll run them a nice big bath so we can all float-out togther. I'm very excited. Can't wait to see them soon, love R.D. x a kiss and a quack x

8 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Blogger Baskerville Hound said...

This is beautiful Leezy!
Australian Ducks would have to have some vegemite on that wonderbread i reckon! can you get Vegemite over in The States? i will have to send you a jar if you cant!
You might have to lay out some nice wooley scarves for the ducks too because they're used to the heat of the Australian summer and have never seen snow....that nice warm bath will keep them happy though!

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Leeza Hernandez Illustrator said...

I can get marmite - which is just about the same thing .. funny, becasue R.D. almost added that to his Dear Ducky ...

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger valerie walsh said...

this is adorable!

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ou girls are to much. thanks for the fun illo. I needed that today.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Baskerville Hound said...

Sorry Leeze- The duckies are quite fussy eaters, they were born and raised with true Aussie Vegemite!! Marmite is the English equivelent & we have that here too- but these ducks....
maybe try and see if they notice [like you do with fussy little kids]! I'll really will have to send you a jar..[maybe a care package for them!]
Or perhaps you could distract them with a traditional American Peanut butter & Jelly Sandwich [better call it a PB&J though cos here in Australia, Jelly is the name we use for Jello!!]

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Weichuen You said...

I love your considerate little yellow duckie Leezy:-).

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Cin said...

a wonderful sweet illo Leezy, looks like the Australian cousins will be in good hands (flippers?)

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Lee said...

LOL...the snow may be a real shock better have some hot chocolate too :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home