29,000 Floating Ducks

The Travelling Art Journal Project

Monday, January 16, 2006

"gaggle of geese" but what for ducks?

Hi all

Rebekah and Lee's images of multiple ducks made me think of "a gaggle of geese", but what, I wondered, is used to describe a gathering of ducks? Thought you might like to see some of the fun answers I found on "google".


I like "waddling" and "paddling" the best, just perfect terms for a duck gathering I think!

(have also discovered that all these "nouns of multitude" have been researched and collected in "An Exaltation of Larks" by James Lipton)

Also, I've yet to introduce myself as others have, I intend to, but as it's late I'm afraid I'll have to put it off yet another day.

Looking forward to working with everyone!

3 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Blogger Baskerville Hound said...

Thanks for that Cin- i too like "paddling" and "waddling". Especially alongside Lee's image of all the ducks- i imagine them paddling frantically under the water!
Glad to have you aboard!

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger vicci said...

Hi Cin...What's the difference between a duck and a goose? I liked your "gaggle of geese"...Vicci

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Lee said...

Hello Cindy - nice thoughts and references...hope you got to bed at a reasonable time ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home