29,000 Floating Ducks

The Travelling Art Journal Project

Monday, January 09, 2006

ventinovemila anatre


that's alot of rubber duckies! hello from sunny (but cold) Italia, I am very excited to be part of this. I found the BOOK project to be very interesting and can only imagine ours will be as well - especially because of the diversity and amount of contributors.
I am a licensed architect from Massachusetts andt have been living here in Fano, Italy (my wifes home turf) since 2004. In November 2005 I opened two blog pages, one for drawing and one for photos, and feel fortunate tohave linked up with such a great group of creative people on sites like Illo. Friday and Photo Thursday (and Friday). While architectural training is partially art-based, computers have become the medium of choice. I try to limit the use of the computer, however, and will draw by hand as much as possible - as there is a greater connection to the design. I have recently begun to use watercolors and am trying to incorporate that into my work, which has been mainly pencil drawing and pen and marker rendering.
I look forward to seeing the development of the journal and collaborating with everyone.

7 Comments:

At 3:14 AM, Blogger Weichuen You said...

Nice to meet you! I love your sketch!

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger Scott Henderson said...

hi miragee, thanks!

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Looks great! Scott.
This journal is going to be fun

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Scott Henderson said...

Hi Toni, yes it will be fun. Thanks for coming by my blog too (yes it was a watercolor painting).

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger vicci said...

Hello Scott...Wonderful sketch!!! I am so jealous that you live in Italy...I checked out your blog also....love it! I'm looking forward to working with you! Vicci

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Scott Henderson said...

thanks vicci, well California isn't too bad either, just different wine.

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger Lee said...

Hi Scott - your photographs are really cool...love your sketches as well and your thoughts on doing things by hand as much as possible (even though I am jealous of the techie artists :)), looking forward to seeing more of your work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home