29,000 Floating Ducks

The Travelling Art Journal Project

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Homage by a Master

Hello all! I know I have been participating inadequately on this blog, and I apologize for that. However, I found something so adorable, I know y'all would want to see it!
It's 10 Little Rubber Ducks by Eric Carle...an actual picture book depicting the same little voyage our own duck journals and ATC's (mine will be in the mail by mid-June, I'm going on vacation soon!) are experiencing! The pages are colorful and interesting...and there's a storyline for each duckie!

Look, there's even a page that shows when the poor duckies were dumped into the sea! See the captain's face?

9 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Blogger Baskerville Hound said...

That is fantastic Dee! I love Eric Carle too, and i had no idea he had been thinking about our precious little duckies!
I just love his illustrative style so thank you so much for sharing this with is- Im going to have to go looking for it in my local bookshop now!

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger Weichuen You said...

Wow, this picture book looks amazing! The illos quite cheer me up!

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my this is too much. What fun! I will have to look for this book now.
Bek thanks so much for starting this journal with us.

BTW as soon as I get more info for you I will post this but a reporter from our local newspaper heard about our project and called the other day and interviewed me. I need to get a few more details and I will post it

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger valerie walsh said...

wonderful book by a wonderfully talented artist! love it!!!

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger vicci said...

This is great! Don't you just love finding things like this!!!????

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Diandra Mae said...

I sure do vicci! I'm glad that this is bringing you guys such big smiles...it helps lift the guilt of my ATC's sitting here unfinished. They will be out by the end of june -I SWEAR!

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Baskerville Hound said...

How exciting Toni- A paper interested in our little Journal Project- that is truely fantastic!!
Once its printed, I'll be sure to ask you kindly with puppy dog eyes to send me a hard copy of the paper so i can put it up on my studio wall [something like that is bound to make me feel better when im feeling un-inspired!]

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Lee said...

great book dee...I hadn't seen this book either....fun fun fun....

toni - looking forward to hearing about the paper!

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Cin said...

a great discovery! yes! thanks Dee, off to the bookstore to grab a copy too :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home