29,000 Floating Ducks

The Travelling Art Journal Project

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The ducks are going to Italy!

The ducks are off to Italy tomorrow and I had lots of fun working on these pieces. Here is a sample of spot illustrations I made for the journal. I had a swell time painting them, I usually have to do pretty precise work so it was great to do all hand work on these little guys. The other paintings I made for this book are airbrushed on to beautiful thick paper from my printing days. It was nice to be loose and stretch my brain for this project Hope the ducks travel safely and don't have to many drinks on the plane!

8 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Baskerville Hound said...

Thank you so much for your wonderful contribution! The book must be getting nice and fat with all the entries so far (Not to mention, its clocked up some serious frequent flier miles!)- I can only imagine all the beautiful & varied images.

How many miles/kms has our book travelled so far do you think?

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Lee said...

ooh those are great val...I really want to see it again with all the new stuff in it :)

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Weichuen You said...

Wow this is lovely Val. How I hope to see the book in person!

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yea Val,
I can hardly wait to see it. I think it needs to go to a few more people before it reaches me. I need patience.
The images look oh so wonderful.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

Fantastic, gorgeous, mouthwatering illustrations - as ever, Val!

Your sense of colour has me green/turquoise/magenta with envy!

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger vicci said...

I can't wait to get the book! I bet it's fabulous! Val..these are suberb!

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Diandra Mae said...

I can't wait to get a copy of everyone's fabulous work! The anticipation is killing me!

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sooo CUTE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home